Director of Finance
High tide is seeking a hands-on Director of Finance. Our organization is fast paced, growing, and highly successful in the cannabis retail space. This position will be a key support role to the CFO.
Day in the life:
- Lead and develop accounting team: five accountants, with three being overseas (USA and Netherlands) by providing guidance, mentorship, and support to ensure high performance and professional growth.
- ERP – Lead and support the implementation of Supply Chain Modules (Purchasing, inventory) and work with the Director of Accounting Services to design and implement the Finance module such as the GL structure.
- Review actuals against budget/forecast with regional operations’ teams to provide flux analyses.
- Assist with financial due diligence, and synergy achievement for all HITI’s acquisitions, as well as provide leadership and financial insight on the HITI’s acquisition strategy.
- Ability to analyze short- and long-term financial impacts of various strategic options.
- Support the development of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts/models, and KPIs.
- Development of accounting policies around P2P, procurement, inventory, and Inter-company transactions.
- Responsibility of the financial statements of the Canadian & International business.
- Partnering with operations team to further develop stronger reporting, metrics, Key performance Indicators (KPIs), and monthly management reporting.
- Performing profitability analysis, financial analysis, and break-even analysis.
- Understanding the key drivers of income statement and balance sheet and developing meaningful analysis based on financial statement information.
- Challenging the status quo, in a professional manner, and communicating the need for change to managers using tact and diplomacy.
- CPA designation
- 10+ years of work experience with operational accounting, management reporting, and KPI development.
- Extensive work experience of procure to pay process required.
- Proven leadership skills and leading accounting teams.
- You must be a hands-on user of ERP systems to succeed in this role.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills.
- Experiences developing accounting policies and procedures.
- Extensive work experience in ERP Design & implementation.
- Being an extremely hands-on user of the ERP system and driving data, reporting and efficiencies using this system.
- Proficiency to translate financial results, information, and ideas to non-financial professionals.
Additional points: The job posting reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.