High Tide is seeking an Operations Accountant. Reporting to Controller, Operations the successful candidate will primarily be responsible in liaising with the operations, and accounting teams, providing accounting support where necessary. This individual will also be responsible for completing month-end reporting tasks and other annual and semi-annual regulatory and contractual reporting.
A day in the life:
- Responsible for month end journal entries preparation, balance sheet reconciliations, and GL coding review and correction.
- Complete variance analysis and provide explanations for P/L impact
- Partner and coordinate with the Financial Reporting team to resolve accounting issues.
- Look for opportunities to improve process improvements and efficiencies while supporting and driving operational accounting best practices.
- Prepare process documentation to improve operational agility and simplify cross-training.
- Prepare coding guide and accounting policies/procedures for non-financial staff.
- Provide accounting support to various department.
- Provide and support audit process.
- Assist with monthly reporting and analysis of operational results including detailed variance reviews.
- Assist wit the reconciliation and balancing of Inventory across multiple sub ledger systems and ERP systems in accordance with IFRS and company policies.
- Assist with the preparation of profitability analysis and review of product margins.
- Perform variance analysis such as Purchase Price to Cost variance, Invoice to PO price variances and work order variances.
- Work in conjunction with supply chain to provide inventory forecasts and actuals comparisons, aging and turns.
- Create and implement world-class inventory policies, practices and ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Review historical inventory trends and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Partner with the Supply Chain team on design, testing and implementation of improvements to the ERP system.
- Assist with audits by collecting and providing data.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have the following:
- Minimum 5-7 years of equivalent experience post designation.
- CPA designation.
- Bachelor’s in commerce / Accounting or relevant required.
- You have strong working experience with ERP systems -midsize to large systems - such as (Sage, Oracle, JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics among others) and Microsoft Excel.
- You have the ability to think critically and quickly adapt to a dynamic and changing environment.
- You are detail orientated and can effectively communicate with multiple departments and stakeholders.
- You are analytical and always looking for ways to improve processes.
Why You Should Apply:
- The opportunity to work for a growing company that is positioned to become a globally recognized brand in the cannabis industry.
- Significant opportunity for growth, experience, and learning
Additional points: The job posting reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.