High Tide is seeking an HR Generalist professional who will be responsible for providing support to different entities under the umbrella of High Tide Inc. Reporting to Senior Human Resources Manager, the incumbent will also assist in the implementation of policies, programs and procedures regarding human resources and recruitment, onboarding Investigations, training and development, and payroll and benefits administration, Employee relations, HRIS implementation, Health and Safety, WCB/EHT and Administrative duties include, but are not limited to the filing of correspondences, resumes, receipts and other related records. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of preliminary payroll reports, time sheets and spreadsheets assuring compliance with all applicable federal and provincial regulations and company policies.
A day in the life:
- Point of contact for employees regarding HR-related matters.
- Conducting employee relations investigations.
- Leveraging legislation across all Canadian provinces.
- Updating systems and maintaining HR records in Ceridian Dayforce.
- Executing day-to-day HR processes with a high degree of data integrity, confidentiality, timeliness.
- Preparing reports for management decision making.
- Preparing various letters, including memos confirming transfers, job changes letters and reassignments.
- Providing compensation recommendations where required.
- Have strong knowledge for OHS requirements for warehouse and retail cannabis requirements.
- Work with HR Department members as a team and help create synergies within the HR department and the whole company.
- Payroll backup as needed.
- Recruitment backup as needed.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 5-8 years' experience in a HR generalist role in a retail / warehouse setting.
- Experience with conducting Employee Relations investigations.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian provincial employment/Human Rights laws.
- Experience working with Learning management systems.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships.
- Experience with payroll systems, internal controls, and management.
- High level of integrity, ethics, and relationship management.
- Human Resources Management Degree or Payroll diploma preferred.
- Working towards CPHR/PCP certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce software an asset.
- Experienced in working with union environments an asset.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements for working in Cannabis industry an asset.
Why You Should Apply:
- The opportunity to work for a growing company that is positioned to become a globally recognized brand in the cannabis industry..
- Significant opportunity for growth, experience and learning
Additional points: The job posting reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.