High Tide requires HR professional who will be responsible for providing support to different entities under the umbrella of High Tide Inc. Reporting to Senior Director, Human Resources, the incumbent will also assist in the implementation of policies, programs and procedures regarding human resources and recruitment, onboarding Investigations, training and development, and payroll and benefits administration, Employee relations, HRIS implementation, Health and Safety, WCB/EHT and Administrative duties include, but are not limited to the filing of correspondences, resumes, receipts and other related records. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of preliminary payroll reports, time sheets and spreadsheets assuring compliance with all applicable federal and provincial regulations and company policies. Main duties include:
- High volume full-cycle recruitment for Cannabis retail stores across the provinces and other locations as required.
- Coordinate with retail and warehouse stakeholders for HR work processes.
- Point of contact for employees regarding HR-related matters
- Update systems and maintaining HR records in Ceridian Dayforce
- Execute day-to-day HR processing with a high degree of data integrity, confidentiality, timeliness.
- Proficiency in conducting investigations of different nature
- Prepare reports for management decision making
- Prepare various letters, including memos confirming transfers, job changes letters and reassignments.
- Coordinate and facilitate orientation sessions including a welcome package, lunch invitation, and other on-boarding and off-boarding processes.
- Have strong knowledge for OHS requirements for warehouse and retail cannabis requirements
- Work with HR Department members as a team and help create synergies within the HR department and the whole company.
- Employee Relations, Investigations and aware of laws in different provinces of Canada
- Payroll backup as needed.
- Human Resources Management Degree or Payroll diploma preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce software.
- Knowledge for US payroll an asset.
- Experience working with Learning management systems
- Working towards CPHR/PCP certification preferred.
- CPHR designation, or working towards, required.
- 5-8 years' experience in a HR and Payroll role in a retail / warehouse setting
- Knowledge and desire to learn US payroll/HR regulations
- Knowledge of compliance requirements for working in Cannabis industry
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships.
- Experience with payroll systems, internal controls, and management.
- Ability to coordinate and preserve confidential information and privacy of HR record
- High level of integrity, ethics and relationship management
- Strong knowledge of Canadian provincial employment/Human Rights laws