Specialist, Corporate and Public Affairs
High Tide Inc. is looking for a talented Corporate + Public Affairs Specialist to join our dynamic global team. Based in Calgary and reporting to the Senior Vice President for Corporate + Public Affairs, the Specialist will ensure that senior management satisfaction is maintained at the highest level by strategically planning and providing day-to-day implementation of corporate communications and public affairs projects.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Proactively monitoring key developments related to cannabis policy at all relevant levels of government within Canada, the United States, and the
- Proactively monitoring and disseminating key media stories related to cannabis policy, High Tide and its subsidiaries, as well as High Tide’s key competitors
- Preparing targeted briefings for senior executives based on monitoring and research
- Undertaking specific research activities in support of broader strategies and plans
- Supporting the development of corporate press releases and media statements
- Developing strategies and plans regarding issues of interest including recommendations for social media and other communications efforts, when appropriate
- Managing key corporate social media assets as directed
- Complying with the lobby registration process as per jurisdiction
- Arranging meetings with the government and participating when appropriate
- Building relationships in government at the political and public service levels as directed
- Providing administrative support to the Senior Vice President of Corporate + Public Affairs as necessary
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package after 3 months.
- A career working with one of the world’s fastest-growing cannabis retail-focused companies
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
What you’ll need to get here:
- Minimum one to three years experience in a communications or public affairs role (work or volunteer experience with a political party is an asset)
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate combination of education and experience
- An understanding of the nature of the relationship between government, the media and opinion leaders, and stakeholders, and the nature of the relationship between the elected and non-elected levels of government
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory procedures
- Ability to multi-task while managing multiple priorities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- The ability to meet deadlines and prioritize
- Passion, tenacity, and enthusiasm for the High Tide brand
High Tide is a leading retail-focused cannabis company with bricks-and-mortar as well as global e-commerce assets. The Company is the largest Canadian retailer of recreational cannabis as measured by revenue, with 128 current locations spanning Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan. The Company is also North America’s first cannabis discount club retailer, under the Canna Cabana banner, which is the single-largest cannabis retail brand in Canada with additional locations under development across the country. High Tide’s portfolio also includes retail kiosk and smart locker technology – Fastendr™. High Tide has been serving consumers for over a decade through its established e-commerce platforms including Grasscity.com, Smokecartel.com, Dailyhighclub.com, and Dankstop.com and more recently in the hemp-derived CBD space through Nuleafnaturals.com, FABCBD.com, BlessedCBD.co.uk,, BlessedCBD.de, and Amazon UK, as well as its wholesale distribution division under Valiant Distribution, including the licensed entertainment product manufacturer Famous Brandz. High Tide was featured in the third annual Report on Business Magazine’s ranking of Canada’s Top Growing Companies in 2021 and was named as one of the top 10 performing diversified industries stocks in the 2022 TSX Venture 50™. High Tide’s strategy as a parent company is to extend and strengthen its integrated value chain, while providing a complete customer experience and maximizing shareholder value.
Estimated Salary range - $60,000 to $70,000 CAD per annum