Financial Reporting Analyst
High Tide is seeking a Financial Reporting Analyst. Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting, the Financial Reporting Analyst, will assist with internal and external financial reporting, as well as provide high quality detailed monthly analysis to assist Senior Management in their decision-making processes.
A day in the life:
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly consolidated financial statements and associated working papers in compliance with IFRS
- Assist with the preparation of financial statement notes and MD&A
- Assist with the monthly consolidation and reconciliations
- Assist in month end close processing as required including recording of transactions as they relate to the preparation of the financial statements
- Review and analysis of monthly financial results, providing quantitative and qualitative analysis of performance vs a variety of benchmarks (budget, forecast, and prior periods) to assist senior management in decision making
- Analyzes cost center detail and explain variances
- Provides documentation and explanations as required by external auditors in relation to audit of financial statements of the company
- Assist Senior Financial Analyst in performing technical research for complex accounting transactions or new accounting standards in accordance with IFRS
- Other duties as assigned
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA designation or in the process of completing the CPA designation
- Minimum 3 years combined experience in accounting and finance, with a focus in financial reporting and financial analysis
- Experience in preparing or auditing financial statements and handling dual-currency transactions and consolidations an asset
- Appetite to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience at a CPA firm is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong commitment to meeting strict deadlines, and solid decision-making skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
Why You Should Apply:
- The opportunity to work for a growing company that is positioned to become a globally recognized brand in the cannabis industry.
- Significant opportunity for growth, experience and learning
Additional points: The job posting reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.